Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Interview Outcome

What a day!!!  I am so tired, more emotionally than physically, I think.

Anyway, the important news.  I have verbally been given my status of Permanent Resident and I believe your prayers made all the difference, so we thank you. 

The interview itself was horrible.  It didn't last long, but the interviewer was not impressed that I had been out of the country for more than a year and she proceeded to give me a mini lecture and then spent about 30 seconds 'um'ing and 'ah'ing about whether to allow me to return to the States. 

During those seconds (which felt like minutes) I was constantly praying and asking the Lord to let me return.  When she finally told me she would approve my application my whole body relaxed and I let out a huge sigh and thanked her.  But she was quick to inform me that I couldn't return just yet.  First I need to jump through a few more hoops (my interpretation of her words ;)


I need to obtain and fill out a whole bunch of paperwork, along with a police background check and a medical.  I have already begun working on my list and have my medical scheduled for the 11 August (for which I have to return to London).  Once all my paperwork is done (including the medical) then I have to return to London again for yet another interview.  If everything is in order then I should receive my visa, but if anything is wrong then my application could still be denied. 

 So, in short, I think we have jumped the biggest hurdle, but we are not out of the woods yet.  Therefore we would appreciate your continued prayers for this situation. 

Tonight I will sleep well,  thankful to my Heavenly Father for His kindness to us and for the many friends and family who have been praying for us, but I have to admit my heart is still heavy. I miss my husband and my boys and I struggle with not knowing when we will be together again.

Michelle

2 comments:

Adeye said...

Oh thank you Jesus!!!!! The rest will be a mere formality, my friend.

He is soooooo good!

Come home quickly :)

Emily said...

Praise God, the first hurdle is past! I will be praying that you can quickly be reunited with your husband and sons! Your an inspiration!