Sunday, July 27, 2008

A New Wardrobe

I have a Father in Heaven that has given me more than I dreamed of, or hoped for.

It has been a long time since I have purchased new clothes. Recently I noticed that most of my clothes were wearing out, even my 'going out' shirts were fraying at the seems. As I looked through my wardrobe I did desire some new clothes but knew it wasn't in our budget and quickly reminded myself that I have plenty of clothes - they may be worn, but they still work. God promises to provide what we need (Matt 6:33) and I really didn't need any new clothes. I put the matter out of my mind, but God decided to bless me anyway.

Last week we were visiting with friends and I commented on how pretty her earrings were. She promptly removed them from her ears and told me she wanted me to have them. I tried to refuse, as this was not my intent when I complimented her, but she insisted. So I grateful received the gift.

The next day, in church, another friend told me she wanted to take me shopping at the sales in the mall for new clothes. She gave me a very generous budget and took me shopping. I ended up with many items including a jacket, skirt and many shirts.

Just 3 days later I received a call from another friend who inquired as to my shoe size. She knew we would be doing more walking in England and had a couple of pairs of shoes that might work for me. She kindly gave me 3 pairs, all fit and only 1 pair had been worn just once before.

So in just 5 days the Lord saw fit to provide me a new wardrobe, from jewelery to shoes, from 3 friends. I am so grateful for their generosity and the Lord's provision.

Michelle

1 comment:

Roger & Kathy Stoll said...

Hi, It's Kathy Stoll again. Just to let you know that in the center of Rothwell, there are charity shops who sell clothes and other things (my girls loved to look thru the box of toys from McDonlads). Well, I must say that these shops WERE there, but I believe the center has changed, finally, so don't know if those 2 are still there or if there might be even more by now. Either way, you might be able to find clothes relatively inexpensively that way. We walked down there quite regularly.

You'll have fun discovering Rothwell, and may even find the bus system works better by now!

Kathy