Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter

I hope you all had wonderful Easter, celebrating our Lord's death and resurrection. We were very blessed to stay with my parents for 5 days and to have a family reunion. We had not all been together since my sister's wedding over 4 years ago.


There were several things which made this Easter special. We got to meet my nephew (my brother's child) for the first time. He is now 3, and is such a cutie. He and Daniel got a long really well. It was great to see Daniel take responsibility for him as Daniel often watched out for him and helped him if he needed something. We were also told of another niece or nephew that will be joining the family in October as my sister announced she that she is expecting her first child.


Another joy of the weekend was to visit with my grandmothers. Gran B (above) is 91 years old and recently hasn't been in very good health. We weren't sure if she would survive, so it was such a blessing to visit with her.

On the way back to my parent's home we stopped and visited my other grandmother who is now 97. Unfortunately, her mind is far from what it used to be. While she didn't recognize me when I first arrived, she did remember who I was. We introduced her to the children, but I think they scared her a little.

When I last saw my grandmothers (several years ago) I left them, doubting I would ever see them again. The Lord truly gave me a wonderful gift in allowing me to see them this Easter.

Michelle
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shannon said...

How great that you get to see all of your family like that! I enjoyed reading these last few posts and catching up on what has been going on in your life. We miss you.