Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Damp

I am not one that often reads in bed, but the other night I did. When I had finished reading I laid the book on the floor next to the bed. When I picked the book up the next day to put it away I was amazed at what I saw ...



I know we live in a damp climate, and have had roof leaks but this was incredible. In just 8 hours my book had been warpped by the moisture in the carpet.

On the brighter side, both Gary and I really enjoy the climate here. We have not even made it to 70 degrees yet this year. Actually the average high in the Summer is only 68!! Most of this month we have still worn jackets as the temperature remains in the 50's.

We love it!!

Michelle
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Marilyn Mertz said...

Hi Michelle,

I've just been looking at your blog and it's wonderful. What a great way to keep everyone in sync with the happenings in your life as a family following Gods' leading and enjoying the ride.

From my life in Africa, I know kids can be very creative when they don't have a lot of stuff...and that they will be very excited when your 28 boxes finally arrive.

Shannon Sikes said...

I love your new heading! The pictures are great

Adeye said...

Oh wow, that is so crazy! We are seriously different when it comes to climate. I NEED warm weather :)

Emily said...

How cold does it get in the winter? Sounds about perfect to me for summer weather!