Monday, October 19, 2009

Reunion

Su is a friend that I went to school with 22 years ago (now that makes me feel old!!!) We never kept in touch once we had left school but, over the last few years I have often wondered where she was and what she was doing. I had tried doing internet searches for her but each time with no sucess.

Then a couple of months ago I decided to try facebook. I didn't find Su as she has now married and changed her name. But I did remember her sister's married name and found her.

I sent Su's sister (Wendy) an email to ask if she could put me in contact with Su. Imagine my surprise when Wendy replied and told me that Su was now living in Leeds (the same city as me). I was amazed as Leeds is about 250 miles north from where we grew up.

When I finally made contact with Su we agreed to meet. She asked where I lived in Leeds (which is a large city with a population of over 700,000). In her email she informed me she lives in ROTHWELL!!!! I was shocked as that is the area I live in too. When we were living in Swindon we lived less than a mile apart now, 22 years later, 250 miles further north, we again live with less than a mile between us!!

We met on Friday evening and had a great time catching up on the journeys that the Lord has taken us on over the last 2 decades. We are grateful that God has given us this opportunity to renew our friendship.

Michelle