Saturday, March 6, 2010

Arrived

We arrived in Livingstone yesterday about noon.   We are all well and trying to get used to the heat (although they tell me it's cool right now!!)

We do not have internet access at the guest house where we are staying, so I am posting this from an internet cafe in town.  I'm still learning the money and am not sure how much this is costing ?!  so I will update future in a couple of days when I get a grasp on things.

Thanks for your prayers.  Please continue as we adjust to life here in Zambia. 

Thank you

Michelle

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you have arrived safely! Praise the LORD!!

Will be praying for your adjustment to the heat, culture, money, etc..

Love,
-Melanie

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Zambia!
x
Sarah

Shonni said...

Praying for you all as you get settled in!!

Cathy said...

Really glad to hear you've all arrived safely!

Understand the currency thing!! Looked up the exchange rate, after reading your post. Apparently it's about 7,100 Zambian Kwacha to the pound. Which is a bit nuts.

When we were in Uganda in the summer, it was 3,400 Ugandan Shillings to the pound. It was counting the noughts on the notes I found most dizzying. Very easy to get muddled.

Also very easy to fall into the trap of thinking that everything is cheap, because "loads of shillings" equals "not many pounds". Forgetting that "loads of shillings" sometimes is quite a few pounds.

And I imagine going from Yorkshire to Zambian heat could be tough to begin with. Particularly given how cold it's been in the UK this winter.

Praying God will bless you all mightily as you begin this amazing adventure for Jesus!

Mama in Uganda said...

Yeah, so glad to read that you arrived in Zambia. I look forward to read more about this new "adventure" the Lord has you in! I once lived in Zambia, deep, deep in the bush. Although, I did visit Livingstone--it is very beautiful.

P.S. What did you decided about malaria protection?

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for you in these early days of LOADS of new things and so much to take in. May His presence be very real, even when it is tough and puzzling. xx