Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm Back

After an absence of almost 4 months I have decided to return to the blog. I have seriously considered letting it lapse totally, but over the last few weeks I have had several people contact us - wanting to know what is going on and what we are up to.

After prayer and much thought I have decided to write again and here are my reasons why.

Firstly, to have an opportunity to publicly give God the glory for the great things He has done (and will continue to do) and secondly, to keep family and friends (now around the world) updated on what's going on in the life of the Northcutt family.

I cannot promise how regular my posts will be (or how interesting!) but when there is news or a picture that is just to cute to keep to ourselves - I will share with you. So keep watching as the first installment will be posted in a day or two.

Thank you to all that have held us in your prayers over the last few months - they have been much appreciated.

Michelle

2 comments:

Jerry Miller said...

Never think God is finished with you until He says He is. You had seven missions. You still have at least six. God still loves you, has loved you in the past, will love you in the future and He is still in control. Never doubt how much you mean to God and to the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

Thank God! I am a new reader of your blog and was really starting to fear you were done. I'm so glad you are back.

My husband and I are brand new foster parents with our first foster child. We've had M since last August and it will soon be time to watch him leave us for the last time. He just turned a year old and will soon be going back to his parents. My husband and I are both having a difficult time letting him go, but we've put the situation in God's hands from the beginning and have to know that our faith and trust in Him is what will get us through the grief of losing the massive blessing M has been in our lives. What a joy it is to serve the Lord, but my oh my, how painful it can also be. Your post a while back on "The Gift of Grief" has really been a huge encouragement to me the last several weeks.