Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What a journey!

Amsterdam airport
Amsterdam Airport

I have arrived in England but not without a few hiccups. After a little while of sitting at the airport I got a phone call from Delta telling me that the plane has been delayed. I went up to the ticket agent and found out that it was due to some mechanical problems. After a little while longer I received another call saying that the plane had been delayed again and that they were re-booking me on another flight. So, I went to the ticket agent to sort it out. he booked me on a flight and I then changed gates to catch this new flight. The winter storm was fast approaching and by the time I was on the plane the storm was right over us. We taxied away from the gate and had to wait on the tarmac until the plane was de-iced. It took over an hour for this to happen, which subsequently caused me to miss my connecting flight in Atlanta. Delta re-booked me again on a later flight with another lay over in Amsterdam. I went to another ticket agent to see if I could get another direct flight to Manchester. The agent told me that there is only one flight that goes out per day and it wasn't scheduled to go out until the following afternoon, which would have put me into England a whole day later. I decided to keep the flight they re-booked me on and go to Amsterdam, so now I can say that I have been to Holland. If I hadn't taken this flight, it would have messed up my train ride in England also. So I took the 10:50 flight out of Atlanta, had a few hour lay over in Amsterdam and arrived in England safely. Found my way onto the train and made it to my destination. 

No comments: