Saturday, May 17, 2008

Childcare Supplied

From the time we knew we would be attending Candidate Orientation at WEC we were asked to pray about the childcare situation because apart from one young man who spoke little English there was no one else who could help and he wasn't going to be able to take care of 8 children under 10 by himself. So while we prayed and waited the Lord was gracious to give me a peace about the situation.

As we left for WEC our problem still wasn't solved, and I was expecting to miss most classes in order to take care of the kids - this was fine with me because our children are my priority and I knew if God wanted me in a certain class He would make a way.

I was pleasantly surprised when, upon our arrival, we were informed the childcare situation had been resolved. Someone else had come forward and volunteered to help until April 15th. The people at WEC knew we home schooled and asked how much I wanted to be home with the kids and how often I wanted to be in class. I requested to be home on Mondays to keep the kids on track with school and the other mornings I would attend class.

With the situation resolved for the first 2 months we realized we would be learning lots for a while and then for the last month Gary and I would take turns staying home as we would be back to 1 childcare provider (who would take care of the other family's kids). Again, this was fine with us, but the Lord had different plans. At the beginning on April we heard of someone else that was coming to stay on 'The Hill' for a while and she might be able to help us with childcare. Well she did and helped take care of them during our last month. Altogether Gary and I only had to stay home with the kids for a couple of days due to lack of childcare. I was able to attend many more classes than I had dreamt of and learnt SO much.

So I want to give a big THANK YOU to those very special people who not only took good care of our kids, helped them with their school work, but also became friends to them (and us). Also THANK YOU to God who was (and continues to be) in control of all things - including providing us with the right people to take care of our children.

Michelle
Posted by Picasa

No comments: