Tuesday, May 20, 2008

More than I asked for

As I had mentioned before we drove back to St Louis last Monday. We decided to drive straight through as we thought the kids would sleep for the last 6 hours of the journey. This would make the long drive easier on them (and easier on us too). Consequently we would be arriving home in the early hours of Tuesday morning and I knew I had no milk or cereal in the house. I didn't want to stop on the way home to purchase these as I thought the kids would wake up and be cranky. Also, I really didn't want to have to get up earlier than the kids Tuesday morning to go to the store before breakfast. So I selfishly asked God if He would somehow provide us with a gallon of milk and a box of cereal in the house ready for us when we returned.

WOW!!! God answered my prayer in a bigger way than I ever could have dreamed of. Upon entering the house we found not just a gallon of milk and a box of cereal, but the following:

3 gallons of milk
3 boxes of cereal
potatoes
onions
apples
oranges
bananas
strawberries
chicken
beef
soup
cheese
lunch meat
bread
margarine
mayo
mustard
macaroni and cheese
rice
toilet paper
paper towels
vegetables
and other things that I can't remember (or we've already eaten)

Thank you to the ladies in my Sunday School class for giving so much to us. Also, another friend had taped a gift card for a local grocery store to our door.

The blessings continued this week as on Wednesday evening we attended a spaghetti dinner at church and were sent home with some of the leftovers which lasted for 2 meals. Then on Sunday we received a phone call from a friend saying there was some chicken left over after a new members lunch at church - could we use some? We gratefully accepted and received enough chicken, baked beans, bread and potato salad to last at least 2 meals.

God is SO good for giving more than I had dared asked for and supplying us with enough to feed our family of 8 for a couple of weeks.

Michelle

No comments: