Thursday, September 11, 2008

God's Provision for Jeremiah


On Saturday we were at Walmart buying shoes for Elaina and Naomi. While we were there Jeremiah saw a pair of cowboy boots and asked if he could get them. Cowboy boots weren't in my budget so I suggested that he asked God if He would allow him to have a pair. Little did we know the Lord would answer so quickly.

The following evening at church a friend approached me with this question "What is Jeremiah's shoe size?" I told her I thought he was about a size 12. Her reply was "Someone has just given my son a pair of cowboy boots that their son has grown out of - so would Jeremiah like my son's boots?" They were a size 12 - perfect! Jeremiah was so excited that he had to take his shoes off during church so he could wear his new cowboy boots.

What a loving Father we have that he is concerned about and provides for His children.

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights

Michelle
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read this just as I was leaving ... our God understands our needs and even gives these little extras! He knows what will help faith in Jeremiah as well as rejoice the hearts of his parents! Bless Him!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! How good is our God! Just wanted to let you know, in case you didn't already, that we are praying for you. As much as we are thankful to still have you stateside, we know this season of waiting is way beyond trying for you. We love you guys.