Monday, June 22, 2009

A Changing World

Please take the time to read this post, watch the video and prayerfully consider how the Lord would want you to respond.

I am not an elegant writer, nor one that can use persuasive speech, but I hope you hear my passion on this subject.

Several years ago Shannon opened my eyes to the fact that we should be raising our children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Eph 6:4), and by doing so we would be raising the next generation of Christians who would be the leaders and decision makers of the world. I totally agree with this and her clarity gave me new zeal in my parenting. But I didn't realize until recently how important that will be until, last week when Gary came across demographics showing that Europe has a declining birth rate and that many Muslim nations have an increasing birth rate. Added to this is the fact that many many Muslims are immigrating to Europe. Suddenly my eyes were opened and I saw that within a generation or two Europe will be a Muslim continent.

Today I found this video through Voddie Baucham's blog post. Please take the 7 minutes to watch it. It is so important.



This will continue unless we start reproducing more (which was a command from God - not to just replace ourselves by having 2 children, but to multiply - Gen 1:28); take seriously our role to raise our children to serve the Lord (currently 70-80% of children are leaving the church by their college years) and be more determined in our witness to Muslims. Or we could just wait for the Lord to return. While He may return soon we do not have the option just to sit and wait. We are told in the Great Commission (Matt 28:19) to go into all the world and make disciples. This starts at home with the discipleship of our own children (Deut 6:6-9) and also includes reaching out to others.

The subject of Muslim domination has been on my heart for awhile and this is my response. I pray the Lord will give us the strength to teach our children well and bring them up to love Him and follow Him. I am also praying that the Lord will increase our family (either biologically or through adoption), so we can raise more children to walk in His ways. Finally, I pray that the Lord will put us in the path of Muslims already here so we can share the gospel with them. And come soon Lord Jesus!!

What will your response be?

Michelle

1 comment:

Mama in Uganda said...

Thanks for the reminder. I have, as of late, been distracted from what really matters--making disciples! I will take the stand with you.