Monday, June 29, 2009

The Lord's Protection

Today I am truly grateful to the Lord for his protection over our children. This weekend there were two accidents in which the kids could have been seriously hurt or even killed.

On Saturday we went to a friend's house from church for dinner. We had a wonderful time and after we ate we played American football (it was an American friend!) in the back yard. Jeremiah was running fast to try and catch the ball but wasn't looking where he was going. He ran right into Gary, bounced off of him and fell. He landed on the back of his neck on the edge of a fairly large concrete flower pot. He hit it so hard that he moved the pot several inches. I watched it happen and am amazed that he did not split his head open or do serious damage to his neck. That incident alone had me aware of the Lord's protection.


The second accident happened yesterday. We spent several hours at a church picnic and had a wonderful time getting to know other people and watching the kids play. Then about 4pm Deanna was playing with a friend on a fallen tree not too far from us (most of the other kids had been playing there during the afternoon). Every couple of minutes I would turn to check on her and make sure she was okay. Once I turned and she was not there. Gary said he would go check on her. As he was walking over there another man was carrying her back to us soaking wet. What I had not known was that a little way behind the tree was a river. Apparently Deanna and her friend wondered off and had moved too close to the river. Deanna slipped and fell into the river. Deanna cannot swim. I do not know how deep the river was but she was wet up to her chest and even the bottom of her hair got wet. She was clearly shaken up by the incident and has stayed close to me ever since. I am so grateful the current wasn't strong and she was actually pulling herself out of the river when she was found. My gratitude to the Lord is overwhelming when I consider what could have happened.

How fragile life is and how grateful I am that the Lord protected our children from harm. He is watching ALL the time and for that I am so very thankful.

Michelle
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mama in Uganda said...

Praising the Lord with you--He tells us in His word that each of His children has an angel...Thankful, grateful and blessed.