Monday, March 19, 2012

So where did I end?

Sorry that this has taken so long. It has been a very busy week. I have had to get over jet lag, a cold that I have had for more than 2 weeks now, that I still have some lingering affects from. I have also been busy doing projects around the house that desperately needed to be done. I built Naomi and Deanna a bunk bed, they now have their own beds after 2 years of sleeping together. I am putting 2 windows in our family room to let in some outside light and air. This room is so dark that we have 5-60 watt light bulbs burning all day long to light the room up. We have spent a lot of time together as a family this past week, it has been a great time together.

Well, the project in England had its ups and downs. When I left we had everything and everyone in place so that the project would be finished. As I said in another post, Phil, a local guy who used to be a builder, was lined up to complete the project. In fact, he had entered the picture sometime around the 2nd week that I was there, so he had been involved in putting the pieces together with me.


As far as the work that was accomplished while I was there, all of the walls had been framed up and insulated. Most of the drywall had been hung and taping of the joints had begun. The electrical rough-in work was complete and all of the bathroom plumbing was done. We had leveled the floor in both the bathroom and kitchen after removing the tile floor. All of the kitchen cabinets were on site just waiting to be installed. All of the colors had been chosen for flooring, countertops, paint, and the wall tile for the kitchen and bathroom.


I have to say that I really enjoyed my time with the folks there. They were so good to me and my family. They fed me a meal most days and provided me with money each week. They sent me home with gifts for Michelle and the kids, as well as a financial gift at the end. Thank you so much to all of you at Springhead Park House for your hospitality and your generosity. We have been so blessed by you all.

Thank you for your prayers for this trip.  They were really appreciated and I would ask you to continue to pray as I consider the next project the Lord has for me.


Gary

1 comment:

C. Singh said...

Gary, It was so nice to have you with us and catch up on all that is going on. We really appreciate you taking time and coming for our rescue. You know that you have a home here and you are welcome any time. I am in Germany enjoying a great conference. It is wonderful to have so may missions represented. Last week I taught a course for some of the conference participants. Take care and May the Lord continue to encourage you and make you a blessing for others.
Love to the family.
Chris