Thursday, June 24, 2010

One Wheel or Two?

Earlier this month we celebrated my birthday by spending 4 days with my brother and his family in the South West of England.

They live in a small village on the edge of a national park.  It is so beautiful there that I could have spent many days just sitting, watching yet still not absorbing the full magnitude of our Creator's handiwork.  Yet this trip seemed to be focused around bikes!!

My brother and his wife ride a lot, and probably because our kids have been without bikes since February they were excited, on our first evening there, to bring out the bikes!!

Whether they had one wheel or two!


Gary and Nicholas worked hard at mastering the unicycle.  They both managed to ride several feet before returning to the ground.


Deanna was excited to try out her cousin's bike - this one had two wheels, which was a challenge for her as she could previously only ride with training wheels attached.  But within minutes she had two wheels mastered!!

She was so proud of herself to be able to ride - just like the big kids now!!


We spent the following day in Exeter (a nearby city) watching stunt riders and a bike race (Sorry I forgot to take my camera that day). 

Then on our last full day we attended the local church fete from which Deanna got to ride home on a tandem which had been modified so little legs could peddle too.
.

We had an incredible few days away, really enjoyed the time together and a big thank you to my whole family who spoiled me rotten.

Michelle

1 comment:

Mom Of Many said...

Thank you for the prayer request for your leaving England. I want you to know that I have been reminded bythe Lord to pray ever since. I will keep praying!! No doubt our Miracle-working, Mountain-moving, Awe-inspiring, Gasp-giving God will move this situation...persuading hearts with might and power! May God grant every one of your papers great favor!! Keep me posted! xo