Thursday, September 23, 2010

Didn't think we would see this!


About 4 months ago all the children planted 12 sunflower seeds - 2 each. During the process of transplanting them several broke and died and a few more were eaten by bugs before they could grow. Only one of Jeremiah's survived. He has really enjoyed watching it grow and bloom. It finally reached a height of just under 10 ft.


We really never thought we would still be in England to see the flower bloom.  We thought we would be back in America a looong time ago.

It has now been 3 months since Gary, Daniel and Nicholas left.  3 hard months! Last night it felt harder than ever, because I called Gary just before I went to bed (just like I do every night) and Daniel answered the phone.  He always talks on the phone with a really chatty, cheerful attitude.  Now, last night was no different but he just wanted to talk and talk and talk to me.  We ended up speaking for 40 minutes and before he said goodbye he told me he missed me (he hasn't told me that much).  Next I got to speak to Nicholas, who talked for 10 minutes which is a really long time for him as he is not much of a talker on the phone.   Then the phone was passed around between the whole family.  We ended up talking for probably an hour and a half!!  We are so thankful for Skype :)

I miss those times when my boys could just talk to me about anything, whenever they wanted.  I am so pleased they have their Dad there to talk to but, how I wish I was there too.

BUT, Lord willing, if the interview goes as we hope, we will be reunited in just under 4 weeks!!!! 

We can't wait. :)

Michelle
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Adeye said...

Trusting with you that you come home REALLY soon, friend. What a beautiful reunion it will be :)