Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wow!!!

Do you remember my post last Saturday when I told you that the man who did my interview apologized because my visa would take 7 to 10 days to get to me and there was nothing he could do to speed it up?

Well, he may not have been able to speed it up - but GOD was and He did!!!

I found out last night that it would be delivered today so, first thing this morning I called a local bus company who could possibly take us to the airport.  I told him when we were hoping to leave and asked if he could take us.  He wasn't sure if he could do it at such short notice but would check into it for me.  Meanwhile I found a flight, but obviously wasn't able to book it until I had my visa in my hand.

So while we waited we packed.  I received a call back from the bus company who told me they could take us, but again I couldn't book it until the flights were booked.  By this time there were only 6 seats left on the flight and still no visa. 

Finally, just after 3pm my visa arrived.  I was able to book 5 of the remaining 6 seats on the flight and confirmed transportation to the airport. 

We are all set to fly to Chicago (where Gary, Nicholas and Daniel will meet us) on Friday morning.  Lord willing, we will be reunited in 47 hours.   It has been a long 4 months away from my husband and sons and I am so looking forward to being together again as one family.  The children are so excited.  Deanna even told me that one of her soft toys was "crying with joy!"

While we have looked forward to this day for a long, long time, it is also bitter sweet as I again prepare to leave those I love.  Tomorrow we get to spend the day with my parents, sister and niece.  I know we will have a great time, but goodbyes are never easy.

On a final note I have to tell you this story because the Lord's timing is amazing.   Our children are involved in the children's choir at our church in Missouri and they put on a Christmas performance each year.  Well, several weeks ago we were sent the music and words for this year's performance for the kids to practice in anticipation that we would be back in the States before Christmas.  The kids were asked if they wanted any speaking parts or solos and both Elaina and Naomi volunteered for a solo.  Anyway, the choir director assigned parts and also arranged for the choir to sing one of the songs in church on Sunday 17 October, but it wasn't until a couple of weeks ago did she realize that the song she had planned for the choir to sing that day was the one in which Elaina and Naomi had their solos!!!   Obviously no one was sure that we would be back in time so they had arranged back ups for the girls.

Well I am so happy to say that we will be in church Sunday morning and the girls want to sing their solos - and the name of the song the choir will sing is  -

"NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!"

What more can I say? :)

Michelle

4 comments:

Peter H said...

Wow! Indeed nothing is impossible with God! Sometimes we have to wait for something for so long, and then things happen so quickly that they take the breath away!

When you see Gary, please tell him that I am thinking about the answer to his question!

Adeye said...

yipeeeeeee, friend. ONLY GOD!!!!! I can hardly wait to see pics of your whole family together again. What a LONG four months it has been for all of you. How FAITHFUL He is.

Rejoicing :)

C. Singh said...

What a story of God's faithfulness. As I told you our story, God's timing is perfect. So glad that the girls would be able to take part in Sunday service - and above all you all will be together for Thanksgiving and for Christmas indeed. God has done it again - a miracle - visa, flights and bus to airport. Praise God from whom all blessings flow....

Unknown said...

Wow, wow, wow! I am so excited for all of you! Can't wait to see some pictures of your reunion!

Praying for safe travel and the pain the goodbyes bring.

Love,
Christie