Saturday, October 9, 2010

To GOD be the Glory

... Great things HE hath done

First, let me apologize for not getting this post up last night.  After not sleeping well on Thursday night, a 4 am start yesterday and then all the emotion of the interview, I was too tired to write (well, at least write and have it make any sense!!)

Thank you! Thank you! for all your prayers.  We have been incredibly blessed and humbled to find out that people from all over the world have been praying for us and several even got up in the night to pray during my interview.  Your emails and comments have been so appreciated - it is wonderful when we, as the body of Christ, can rejoice together for the GREAT things HE does.

So ... back to yesterday.  Although the journey to London was incredibly early, I was grateful that it was uneventful and that the trains were on time.

I arrived at the Embassy at 8.30 - plenty of time for my 9 am interview.  Well I sat and waited, and prayed and waited and prayed some more.  Most of this time I was calm, but I have to admit that a couple of times fear started to encroach upon me.  I had to remind myself of the scripture He had given me that morning (Exodus 14:13-14) and that He was in control of the outcome of this day.   After waiting over 2 hours they finally called my number.

I found myself at window 14 with a kind man behind it.  He took my fingerprints and paperwork, gave me a pink sheet of paper and told me to wait until I was called again.    I read the pink information sheet which told me I had completed stage 1.  Now my paperwork would be looked over and I then would be called for the interview.  It also informed me I could have a several hour wait for the interview!!  At this time my prayer was 3 fold.  Lord, please allow them to overlook the fact that our income doesn't meet their requirements; please let my wait be short as I know Gary will be expecting my call soon and also, please don't let the mean woman (who conducted my interview in July) be the one to interview me today!!!

The Lord was gracious on all three of those requests.  Even though I had seen people wait well over an hour for their interview I was called up after only 20 minutes.  I reached window 16 and was so relieved to find a man there waiting to do the interview and not the mean woman!!!

This is truly the incredible part - we had asked the Lord to give us an interviewer who was compassionate and who looked over the negative aspect of the finances.  Well, not a word was mentioned about money and more amazingly my interviewer understood our situation!!  He was an American man and told me he is married to a British woman.  They have moved back and forth from both countries and understands what it is like to have to jump through all the immigration hoops each time you move!!!

The Lord did it.  He gave us someone who understood our situation!

The man then asked when I would like to return.  Of course I said as soon as possible because we have been apart for almost 4 months.  He replied by telling me my visa was approved and then apologized because my visa would take 7 - 10 days to arrive and there was nothing he could do to speed it up!!  That's okay. I can wait!!


It has been almost 6 months since we applied for my visa and it now feels kind of surreal that we finally have the answer we have been waiting so long for. Oh, but we are so grateful for what God has done.  He has not only allowed me to return to the States but has given me back my permanent residency status which means we won't have to wait 2 years before we can begin adopting  (but that is in the future!!)  For now, I look forward to the reunion of our family - how sweet that will be.

We thank you again for all your prayers and support and to our Heavenly Father for the gift of my visa.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father"   
James 1:17



8 comments:

Peter H said...

What a joy for you! Keep treasuring these breakthroughs, they will be a life line should other tough times come. The you can remember God's faithfulness, despite of difficult circumstances.

I certainly will treasure these your experiences.

That said - I still have a very deep question from Gary to answer... that will take me about five hundred years, you need the patience of ten Jobs...

Rebekah said...

I am so happy for you guys!!! Praise God!

Shonni said...

Yea!!!! Praise the LORD

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Praise God! Thank you Lord!

love Sarah

Unknown said...

Our Lord never ceases to amaze me. What an awesome God we serve!

Rejoicing with you today!

Christie

Paul and Kim Hutchinson said...

Amen. Kim

Emily said...

Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you all!!!!!

Chelsea Gour said...

I was so glad to see this. I stumbled on your site from someone's blog and was so upset by you and your family being separated! I've been praying for you guys ever since. Praise God, you get to be reunited with everyone!!!!