Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Our Journey to Fort Washington

I can finally tell you about our journey. We left around 3:30 pm on Friday 8th February. We were so grateful that we left in good weather, good attitudes and we were ready to drive for 3 hours before dinner. That was our plan - plans change! Within an hour we had 2 stops for the bathroom!! Thankfully we did get part way into Illinois before stopping for dinner. I knew I had packed Deanna's coat, but could I find it when we stopped in the cold and pouring rain - I think not! I wrapped her up as best as I could and RAN. An hour later we were back on the road.
Thankfully the next few hours were uneventful. We had one more bathroom stop in Indiana around 9pm before we hoped they would sleep. Finally around 10pm the eye lids were getting heavy and peace was filling our van. We were so grateful that most of the kids had 8 hours of sleep. (Daniel was awake by 5am - if not earlier). We reached our destination of WEC around 11:30 (ET). The kids were so excited to be able to get out, run around and see the castle.

Michelle

No comments: