Tuesday, August 26, 2008

True Contentment - Infertility

Another area in which I have struggled to be content is with infertility. This has been a huge battle in my life, and to be honest one that I still fight occasionally. I know that God is in control of creating life Psalm 139:13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. And I know that His ways are not my ways, and His thoughts not my thoughts, but sometimes I still ask why? It is not fair that millions of babies are aborted by mothers that did not want them, when I have desperately wanted to be pregnant. Often I’ve wondered why can they get pregnant and I can’t.

I recently was encouraged in this area. A friend shared that due to an illness she was told she would probably be unable to conceive, but each time they tried they conceived in the first month. After hearing this, the first thought I had was "Lord, why? They were told they probably couldn’t but did, yet there is no reason why we cannot conceive, yet in over 11 years we haven’t." Immediately afterward I had an amazing sense of peace as I really felt the Lord remind me that as much as he has opened her womb, He has purposefully closed mine, because that is not what He wanted for me. In that I have to be and am content … yes, occasionally I still struggle, but I can honestly say that I would not change anything in the way the Lord has built our family. He has blessed us by bringing us 6 wonderful children through adoption, for who I am so very grateful.

Part 3 (finances) - tomorrow

Michelle

No comments: