Monday, January 19, 2009

Ahhh - I don't understand the dialect

I am a Brit, and while I know the language I certainly don't understand every dialect. This was so evident last week.

Gary was trying to book the mini bus to pick us up from the airport in England and couldn't figure out what the man was saying. He handed me the phone, assuming I would understand but I didn't have a clue!! It took four or five attempts before I finally caught on to what he was saying.

This move will really be an adventure!!

Michelle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there Liz Cleak of Worldwide here. Another shock may be the mix of cultures ... it just could be that the person was not a 'native' brit! However there certainly is a Yorkshire dialect...
Praying for you all

Gary and Michelle said...

This man was a native Yorkshireman but I appreciate the reminder about the culture mix ... and we appreciate your prayers.

Thanks Liz