Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It is 3:40 am ...

... and I cannot sleep. How is it possible for so many emotions to be running through our bodies at the same time? We are all excited ... sad ... nervous ... amazed ... and experiencing many other emotions that I cannot even name.

It is almost unbelievable that the day has come when we know (for sure) that we are going to serve the Lord in England. He has led us on a journey over the last few years to prepare us for this and we've been anxiously anticipating the approval of the visas, yet I struggle to believe they have finally been approved and we are really leaving. Leaving friends and family that have meant so much to me over the last 15 years, not to know when I will see them again.

To pack up our lives so that no trace of us remains, except for photos and memories, is a daunting feat. Yet, the excitement of the adventure that God has in store for us is indescribable. Intertwined with the excitement are many questions tinted just a little with fear. What challenges lie ahead? How will the children settle in England? What does life look like as an English wife and mother?

But, through every emotion I know God has directed our steps and I know He holds our future. With that knowledge comes peace.

I'm going back to bed, praying for sleep ... good night

Michelle

1 comment:

Dick Davies said...

Some air punching going on over this side of the pond!

Sleep well....