Monday, January 26, 2009

Beginning Goodbyes

What special, yet emotional day we had yesterday. I started the morning strong but by the time I got to church and saw the faces of the people who we would be missing, the tears started to fill my eyes.

Despite the emotions we were really blessed during our day as we enjoyed a day full of fellowship including sharing lunch with Gary's Sunday School class.

During the evening service our Pastor prayed over us as we begin this new chapter of our lives. Following the service we enjoyed a fellowship including deserts and cake (above) with lots of our friends. Many had kind words for us and the emotions flowed as we hugged many and started our goodbyes.

It was a very special day, one I will treasure in my heart for a long time. First Baptist Church of Fenton will has truly been my adopted family while I have been in the States. They have been there for us through the tough times and celebrated with us through the joys in our lives. One dear friend said it so well "We have been through so much together"

It is hard to move on and leave family behind. But family will always be family no matter the distance between us. Thank you FBC Fenton for loving me and my family.

Michelle
Posted by Picasa

No comments: