Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Sad State of the Church

Today we traveled across Leeds to visit a new church. What disturbed me was some of the things I saw while on our journey. This 'church' was trying to attract people of all religions.

 
As we walked past this 'church' for the second time (we had gone to the wrong bus stop!) I was deeply saddened by the number of people that were arriving for the service.

The picture below is a notice which was posted on their bulletin board.

 


We continued our journey North and passed a beautiful old church building that was no longer being used to worship God but had now been turned into nightclub.

Oh how far England has traveled away from the ONE TRUE GOD and her rich Christian heritage.

Michelle
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! We are still praying that you will find a church that worships the One True God in spirit and in truth.

Gary and Michelle said...

Nicole

I agree with you that the church should be open to all people as it says in Scripture "God our Savior,
who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." 1Timothy 2:3-4

What the church I saw was trying to do, was to say that all religions lead to God. In other words, it doesn't matter what you believe as long as you believe in something.

My heart breaks for the people in that church because they are sadly deceived. The ONLY way to the one true God is through Jesus

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men" 1 Timothy 2:5-6

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Michelle