Friday, August 6, 2010

God's world is so small

One of the other paperwork requirements we have to fulfill is for Gary to provide an affidavit of support.  Proving that he can provide for me and that I won't become a burden on the government. 

There are a few challenges with this - we need to show our 2009 tax return - whoops we don't have one of those because we weren't in the country and didn't need to file.  Ok, we will send the 2008 tax return - a little problem there too. While we did file a 2008 tax return, we couldn't find it.  We know it was sent to us in England, but from moving from England to Zambia, back to England and now America, it seems to have gone missing.  Now, I know we could have requested a copy from the IRS but that would have taken a long time and believe me, we are trying to get all this paperwork done asap so our family can be together again.

On Sunday I had an idea - why not contact the man who prepared our taxes and see if he still has a copy.  I called Gary, he didn't have the man's email, so instead he sent an email to the Financial Director at WEC and asked if he could put us in contact with the man who did our taxes (who now lives in New Zealand).  WEC emailed the man for us and by Monday afternoon I had an email with a copy of our 2008 tax return.

So, in less than 24 hours, my request went to the Lord and then from England to Missouri, to Pennsylvania to New Zealand and back to England. 

Thank you to those who I know were praying that we would find our tax return quickly - the Lord answered your prayers and we are grateful.

Michelle

1 comment:

Emily said...

Praise God!!!!!!!