Monday, August 23, 2010

Waiting

Can you believe it has been over 2 months since Gary, Daniel and Nicholas left?!

We had really hoped to have been reunited by now, but that is not the case.  I remain in England with Jeremiah and the girls ... waiting!  Waiting for my second interview at the American Embassy where they will make the decision as to whether to grant me a visa ... or not.

For the last two weeks I have been checking my email constantly to see if the interview has been scheduled.  But no email has arrived. 

Gary contacted his Senator last week to see if they can move this process along.  They said they would contact the embassy, but we have heard nothing.  

Finally, this morning I wrote the Embassy an email to see if they had scheduled my interview (as I was told at my first interview that it could probably happen in August) but I received an automated reply stating that my email had been deleted without being read.

So we wait ... and wait ... trusting, not in man, but in our God who is Sovereign and is in control of all things.  He, and He alone will allow me back to the States, when He is ready. 

Do I understand why we have been separated so long?  Absolutely not!  I do not have to understand why,  but I do have to trust in Him who works all things for the good of those who love Him. 

That is what I am trying to do, yet some days are easier than others!!


Pro 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

Isa 55:8  "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.

Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are waiting for you and the kiddos to come too:( We join you in praying and trusting the Lord. Love you! Heather and Tim

Anonymous said...

Gary & Michelle,
We've been praying for your family to be reunited too!!! You are right, we don't always understand the "why", but we know from all the evidence He has shown throughout your lives that He will be faithful! We miss you, and trust that He will carry you through this hard waiting process!
Love, Laura