Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sam and Esther

As most of you know my heart and passion is for children in need. When I came across this video yesterday my heart was broken. I wept as I watched and continue to be haunted by what I have seen. I'm asking the Lord what can I do to help? Where can you use me? I know can't do much as my hands are already so full, but I can't sit back and do nothing. I can pray. I can give. I may be able to go on a mission trip, or we may be able to adopt another child. Lord what would you have me do?

What about you? What can you do? James 1:27 tells us to "look after the widows and orphans in their distress". Could you pray for, give to, or even adopt just one of the over 40 million orphans in the world?

Please watch the video ... it may change your life!!!



Michelle

3 comments:

Adeye said...

Goodness, Michelle---that video just about ripped my heart right out of my body! It really puts life into perspective, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. I was just going through some blogs and i saw this page and decided to scroll down. That video is so sad i just cringed up in my chair until it was over. I am a senior at monterey highschool and i usually try to avoid seeing stuff like that because its such a reality check on how unperfect the world is and that its hard to imagine someone living that kind of life when all im worried about is how much i care to spend on lunch at school the next day. Much Love and God Bless- Ian Wigg

Pam Reichardt said...

Michelle,

I don't have to tell you that this video tugged at every heart string I have! God has given me a passion for children and my prayer continues to be that for his glory I can make a difference in this world. You certainly have! To God be the glory!!!

P.S. We miss you and love you!

Pam R