Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thirsty

I thirst for the word of God, yet in my busy life I struggle to find time to drink. I spend my days dehydrated and wonder why I can't get everything done. My body isn't taken care of properly yet I ask it to perform to exceptional standards. How can I expect to be a good helper to my husband, or a gentle, loving mother and teacher to my children, or a lighthouse in my community when I am starving myself from the Water of Life that not only sustains but in which I flourish.

Oh, but this morning I drank again from God's word. What a relief that is to my thirsty being. How sweet it tasted and what joy it gave. Thankfully when I drink my refreshed soul breaks forth with life and energy. My spirit is lighter and ... how I long to drink again.

"If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" John 15:6


Michelle

No comments: