Thursday, February 5, 2009

From Dublin to Rothwell, England

Once we arrived in Dublin we had to go through Passport Control and security, which took some time. So when we reached the departure gate we only had just over an hour to wait for our connecting flight. The waiting area was fairly empty so the kids had an opportunity to run around. But before too long they started to get rambunctious. So went all else fails open up the laptop and put in a movie!! They only got to watch 20 minutes before we were called to board the plane.

The flight from Dublin to Manchester was only 40 minutes long. It seemed that as soon as we were up in the sky it was time to start the decent. Once we were above the clouds the views were spectacular. I wished the flight had been longer so I could have marvelled at the awesome work of God in the beauty of the top of the clouds. It was incredible.

Collecting our baggage at Manchester was interesting!!. Our 16 pieces (plus hand luggage) took up 4 carts so Daniel and Elaina had to push a cart too. It was quite an experience as they could hardly see over the top and Elaina had a little trouble steering!!

Once through customs we were warmly welcomed by Danny and Mike (both from Radio Worldwide). We were also supposed to be welcomed by our rented mini bus. Unfortunately we were ripped off. I knew we wouldn't be arriving in England with much local currency so I paid in advance so I wouldn't have to deal with the money issue as soon as we arrived. Sad to say, the company took our money but never showed up. I did pay through paypal so I will approach them tomorrow to see if we can get refunded. Danny and Mike came to our rescue and ordered another bus and lent us the money to pay for it. Thank you!!

After just over an hour of driving through the beautiful countryside we arrived in Rothwell. Tired but pleased to have finished the journey safe and well.

We let the kids watch the rest of the movie which we had started in Dublin airport, but Deanna could stay awake no longer. She fell asleep in the chair and I couldn't wake her - not even to eat.


Thank you so much for all your prayers over the last few days. As we reflected over the journey we are amazed at how well the kids behaved. We know it was because we have a God who answers prayers and that you had been faithfully praying. Thanks again.

Tomorrow I will write about the incredibly warm welcome we have received here, but now I need to catch up on some sleep.

Michelle
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

bln said...

I had been in Dublin one month. two years ago!
I spend a really good time there!

Ouh I'm from Spain..
My english isn't very well xD

I like this blog and I love the pic o your family it's cool!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so impressed that you already have all of these posts done with pictures! I have to ask, is Nicolas a little cold in the picture of him where Deanna is sleeping? I notice his arms are missing! I am glad your trip went well. We will continue to pray as you begin this journey.

Unknown said...

Sorry Erin did finish your blog, she's been so busy with school and friends, she has fallen behind on so many of her extra projects.

I wish we could of seen you one last time before you left, but I understand the craziness with moving. I pray you all get settled soon and I look forward to reading more about your adventures.

that chadian doc said...

Glad you're there safe and sound! Love the photos.