Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Limits....

I have to stop limiting God! I keep wishing He would allow us to do something easier. I don't want to go to Africa but back to Saint Louis where my friends and family are. I want the easy life. It will be hard, really hard; it will be devastating to see these children hungry, homeless, and without parents/family - even hold them as they die. I have to do it though. This is what my Father wants of me. I have to obey. It will be good for me. I know it will. God will give me everything I will need to make it through each and every situation that I will be faced with. There will be joy, at the same time it will be extremely difficult. But He wants to use us to meet the needs of the orphan. If I don't go I disobey, my relationship with my Father suffers and I also miss out on the blessing that He has for us.

I have to go but not begrudgingly or holding back but willingly! Enthusiastically embracing it!

...who for the joy set before Him endured the cross... Hebrews 12:2

How about you? Are you limiting God? Go read this post and then answer the question for yourself.


Gary

2 comments:

Amy said...

AWESOME!!! Cheering on your big BEAUTIFUL family as you serve God in a mighty way!!!

Adeye said...

Amazing post. I LOVE your vulnerability, my friend.
Will it be easy? No way. But being in the center of God's will for your life never is, is it?
Will it be rewarding? ABSOLUTELY! You will see the face of Jesus in every single child you love on, care for, embrace, and hold.
A huge step of obedience such as the one you are embarking on takes courage. You, my friend, are one courageous woman of a mighty God!!!

He'll meet you there. I promise He will.

Love and hugs