Thursday, November 12, 2009

We are moving to ....

Livingstone, Zambia



Home to one of the seven natural wonders of the world - the Victoria Falls

Victoriafälle.jpg



Also, tragically, home to thousands of orphans.

The Lord has made it clear that He wants us in Livingstone to care for some of these precious children, which will probably include taking some into our home and building an orphanage for others.

The way the Lord has brought this about is almost unbelievable. It is something that we could not have orchestrated or even imagined, not in our wildest dreams!! Gary and I have looked at each other several times over the last few months and asked 'Is this really happening?'


1 Corinthians 2:9

No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love Him.



Back in July working with orphans hadn't even crossed our minds, now just 4 months later we are preparing to move. Possibly as early as February.

I will put the whole story on the blog in the next day or two (we are in London right now renewing passports!!). But for now I will leave you with some faces of Zambian orphans that I found on You Tube.



Michelle

3 comments:

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness gracious---how WRONG I was!

Wow my friend, that sounds absolutely fantastic. I have to add that I am a wee bit envious :) Oh how I LOVE Africa.

PLEASE share the journey when you have a minute. I would LOVE to hear how God got you to this place. Also, post some prayer requests so we can get behind you in prayer.

Sooooo exited for you.

PS Can I come too?????

Anonymous said...

Wow Michelle! I really admire your faithfulness in His service. We will be praying for a smooth transition for you, Gary and the kids!! Love you and miss you!

The Stanges

Shannon Sikes said...

We are trying desperately to be happy about this news, but it is hard! :( We were looking forward to having you back home in a couple years! What an exciting transtion this will be for you! We are praying for you and the kids as you prepare.
We love you!