Sunday, January 10, 2010

Obedience

Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue." The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." But Moses said, "O Lord, please send someone else to do it." Then the LORD's anger burned against Moses.....
Exodus 4:10-14


How many of us are saying NO to God? What kind of excuses are you using? Are you saying, No God I can't leave my family; No God I have a good job; No God, people are depending on me here; No God, I just got everything the way I like it; No God, I am comfortable!!!! No God ______________! (You fill in the blank)

Just remember, God is still calling and He expects us all to obey. Just like He did Moses, Abraham, Jonah, David, Paul, Peter, and Yes even Jesus.


Gary

2 comments:

Adeye said...

That is one of my favorite passages of scripture, Gary. Thank you for the wonderful reminder this morning. We are in the process of trying to make a HUGE decision--this was just what I needed to hear.

THANK YOU, from the bottom of our hearts, for being such an enormous blessing to our family. We are so deeply touched.

Blessings from CO.
Adeye

the Rackley family said...

So very true! You may enjoy reading this post which echoes what you're saying.
http://joiningthejourney.blogspot.com/2009/10/obedience-trumps-worst-case-scenario.html

All for HIM~
Kelly