Friday, February 12, 2010

Road Trip!!

Last week we took a road trip. Traveled 850 miles (which is quite a lot in England) over 8 days and visited with many friends and family. I hope to share our journey with you over the next few days.


We began our journey on a Saturday and stayed at my parent's home (although they were away in Thailand) and used it as a base for 3 days. The next day we visited Upper Stratton Baptist Church which is where I worshiped for the first 22 years of my life. The building has changed quite a lot since I left, but there were still many of the same faces (and many new ones too).

I had the privilege of sharing with the Church about the journey the Lord has taken us on over the last 16 years and about what the Lord is doing with us now by leading us to Zambia. I also enjoyed chatting with people, many of whom I have not seen for a number of years.

One very dear friend of mine (who now lives 2 hours from the Church) got her family up early and drove all the way to the church in time for the 11 am service. After Church we went out for lunch and spent the afternoon together.

It was a wonderful time of catching up on news and watching the children thoroughly enjoy each others company. But good times come to an end so quickly, don't they? And before we knew it, the time had come to say goodbye. Goodbyes are never easy, but when you don't know how many years will pass before you see each other again, it just makes it that much harder. I do thank God though, because I know that our friendship is strong enough to survive the miles and time apart and of course emails and Skype make bridging that gap so much easier.


After leaving my friend and her family we began our journey back to my parents home. On the way we stopped at some friends of my parents who I know wanted to be filled in about our move to Zambia. We stayed there for about an hour before continuing our journey.


A day full of friends, well behaved children (thankfully!!) and many happy memories.

Michelle



1 comment:

Adeye said...

I am soooooo happy that you are getting in precious time with family and friends. What a beautiful gift.