Wednesday, February 10, 2010

She Caught the Vision


The other day Elaina came into see me at about 9:30 at night. She was sobbing. I asked her what was wrong and she answered that she didn't want to go to Africa because she didn't want to see children dying in our home!!

I held her and hugged her. I reassured her that I knew of several people that were taking care of orphans who had not had a single child die in their home. But I couldn't promise her it wouldn't happen. What I did promise her, and can promise her is that God will be with us through every trial, every heartache and He will give us enough strength to cope with whatever happens. While it would be very hard, the Lord is our Father who will comfort us and heal us.

We continued to talk and I asked her what would happen if we didn't go. She came to the conclusion that the child would still die, but may die alone, on the streets and most devastatingly without knowing the love of Jesus.

Then I asked her what would happen if we took care of that child. Together we concluded that if they were still going to die, they would leave this world having known the love of a family, having heard the love of Jesus and if they accept Christ then they would die with the hope and promise of eternal life with Him.

Suddenly Elaina's face lit up. She saw the vision, the purpose for our going. Not only to feed the hungry and clothe the naked, but to tell them the good news of Christ.

I was so pleased when I saw her turn and literally skip back to bed. The Lord had not just given her a peace about going, but JOY!!

Michelle

No comments: