Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Our Unexpected Guest!!

Last Saturday evening we had invited a family of 4 over for dinner and were anticipating a relatively peaceful evening of fellowship. We did NOT expect guest #5!!

Daniel was in our bedroom and suddenly came running to the door

Daniel "Dad!, Dad! come here quick!"
Gary "Why? What is it?"
Daniel "I think I saw a snake"
Gary "Where?"
Daniel "In your bedroom"
Gary "Where in my bedroom?"
Daniel "Next to your bed! Quick Dad!"

Needless to say Gary got up to investigate - and the rest of us followed (behind him of course!). The pictures show what Gary found behind the cedar chest next to his side of the bed. A black snake almost 4ft long!!!

After catching it in our laundry basket Gary took it outside and released it. We tried to figure out how it got into our room and the only conclusion was that about 10 days ago the kids left the back door open overnight and it must have come in then. It wasn't pleasant to think that it had probably been wandering around our home for 10 days. I am just so glad that I didn't step on it when I got up with the kids at night - just thinking of that sends shivers down my spine!!

Before we went to bed that night Gary moved every piece of furniture in this house to make sure we had no more 'unexpected guests'. Thankfully none were found.

Michelle
Posted by Picasa

No comments: