Monday, June 30, 2008

So Busy

Life has been crazy here over the last week - hence the lack of posts! As well as working on the visa issues, the kids attended Vacation Bible School at our church and I had the privilege of spending 2 FULL days at the CHEF Homeschool Conference in St Charles.

The time at the conference was wonderful. I was able to sit in on several workshops including "How to occupy toddlers while teaching others" and "Hands on Kindergarten and First Grade". Hopefully this will help me make our school year more productive. It was great to spend several hours perusing the vendor hall. I was good and didn't spend too much, but was able to get many ideas of ways to (hopefully) make learning more fun for the kids.

I have to admit the break from the kids was nice. I was able to be fed and encouraged and now feel energized to dive into this school year with enthusiasm and lots of hope for a great year.

An added bonus to the conference was being able to spend it with 3 friends from church. We had a great time laughing and learning together.

Michelle

No comments: