Saturday, June 21, 2008

I deserve an award for ....

The Most Neglectful Mother of the Year.

I have been looking for sandals for Elaina for a few weeks, but couldn't find a style that was suitable for some foot issues she has, so she has never got around to trying any on. Well yesterday I found a pair that might work so I reached down to her size 4.5 shoe to feel where her toes were so I could guess at what size she needed. Her toes were all the way at the end of the shoe. This surprised me as she hasn't had her shoes too long.

What shocked me was that the new shoes she got were a size 7!! How could I have been so neglectful not to notice that she needed shoes so badly?! I cannot beleive she is only 8 years old and now wearing a size 7 shoe.

How fast our kids grow up!

Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am afraid you will have to stand in line for that award. I think there are many of us neglectful mothers ahead of you! ;-) It is terrifying how fast they grow up however! I am trying desperately not to notice it in my own kids!