Friday, June 20, 2008

To Give Up???

I have a bunch of reasons to give up.

This is hard! We have spent the best part of 3 days making phone calls (in the US and UK), sending faxes, writing emails, searching the web still to be left in a place where we are not sure of which way we should enter the UK.

This isn't cheap. Even after we spend several thousands on applications we are not guaranteed that they will be approved.

This is emotional. We have to sell, take or give away everything we own. We started through stuff this week and it has already produced tears. What do I do with my wedding dress?

I know settling into a new home, along with the culture shock will be hard on ALL of us.

Life is just easier here.

BUT will we give up? NO

Christ did not call us to do things that are easy. Several times in the gospels we read of Christ telling people to leave everything and follow Him.

Jesus died on the cross for us and we are called to deny ourselves, pick up our cross and follow Him. When I remember this I am so grateful that He is only calling me to give up my comfort, money and things. At least (at this time in my life) He is not calling me to a country where my life would be in danger because of my faith.

So many have sacrificed so much for the gospel - including their lives, why am I complaining about my minor struggles!!?? So what does it matter if I have to get rid of my wedding dress, I can't take it to heaven with me. Also, does it really matter if we spend a lot to go where He is leading. After all, doesn't it ALL belong to Him anyway?

"If Jesus Christ be God and died for me then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for him." CT Studd

Michelle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As I read your latest post I must confess to a few heart flutters - because I would be tempted to throw in the towel - but then I read to the end - punches air - YES. God can.