Thursday, January 31, 2008

Comfort from the Lord!

I was up late with the Lord one night this week. I have been struggling with some things that I wanted to talk to Him about. As I spent this time with Him, I was led to an outline of a sermon that my Pastor had preached on. I was reading over it when these 2 verses jumped out at me:
Psalm 34:17 The righteous cry and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.
Isaiah 65:24 It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.
Wow! He hears me, even before I call He knows and answers. He gives comfort when I need it. He doesn't remove the circumstances everytime (He didn't this time) but He gave me strength to go through the tough times so that He can teach me more about Himself. I can trust Him so I patiently wait for Him to answer in His timing.
I don't look to be satisfied by my circumstances, it is God who truly satisfies. My circumstances change but God never does. Therefore I can say, "I am satisfied in God".

Gary

1 comment:

Ping III said...

It is such a blesing to see you guys keeping this up!... We love and pray for you.