Wednesday, January 16, 2008

He will supply ALL your needs

On Sunday we received two cards from members in our church which included a very generous sum of money. At the time I was very touched and grateful for the thoughtful words and the money which was needed to cover bills.

While the Lord has graciously supplied our physical needs He has also been supplying our other needs. While I knew the words in the cards were thoughtful I just didn't realize how much they were going to help. A few hours later I was talking to Gary who was a little discouraged. I was able to share with him the encouraging words on the cards. These words really gave him hope and helped him immensely.

Also, over the last few days I have been struggling with the thought of what I have to accomplish when we go to the Candidate's Orientation in Pennsylvania. I am expected to be in class for 4 hours most days. Along with this I will have assignments to prepare and books to read, not forgetting homeschooling the kids and taking care of other family needs. This was a little overwhelming for me today especially as we didn't even finish all the schoolwork.

This evening as we were preparing to leave for church I was asking the Lord how was I going to get through this and do everything I needed to do? Just 10 minutes later I picked the mail and received a card from I lady who I haven't seen in a few years and I didn't even think she knew about us leaving. The card read as follows:

To Queen Elizabeth (for that is what she used to call me!) & Gary.
Best Wishes on your new Venture!
Fear not, the Lord will provide!

Wow!! I still don't know how He will work things out, but I was so thankful for the timely reminder that He will provide a way for me to accomplish what He has called me to do.

Michelle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Michelle,

As soon as I got home I looked up your blog. I'm sorry to see you and your husband leave us, yet, I'm excited where the Lord is leading your family. I will keep in touch through your blog and will sign up for updates. You are welcomed to come visit us at our family blog as well.

Talk to you soon! In Cyber Space if not in person!