Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Well, before I look forward I need to look back and see what the Lord has done in our lives over the last year.

It was a year where the Lord tested our faith in requiring Gary to give up the business before He would show us our next move, but in testing our faith He has been faithful. We have not had a late payment on the bills - in fact we have even paid all our taxes before the end of the year (better than we did last year) - Thank you Lord.

It was a year where the Lord took Gary's dad home to be with Him. As hard as this was we are grateful for the time Gary had with his dad before his death and that he is now rejoicing with our Saviour in Heaven.

It was a year we both struggled with direction after being turned down from WEC at the beginning of last year. God used this to draw us both closer to Him as we sought His leadership. He showed us the way.

We are so thankful for the many blessings He has given us in 2007. Too numerous to mention, but they do include our many friends and family, Deanna's adoption, and of course, God's faithful provision for us.

Now, as I look forward to 2008 I see the Lord leading us to Pennsylvania in February and moving to Leeds, England in the Summer. While this brings much excitement it also brings pain. I long to do what God has for us, but I struggle as I think about counting the cost. It will be so hard to leave here. To leave people we love and who love us not knowing exactly when we will return. It's hard to take my children away from everything they have known and hope they will just adapt to a new culture easily. It will be hard to wait patiently upon the Lord for our needs to be met.

BUT - God IS in control, He WILL comfort us in our loss. He WILL give my children the ability to adapt and he WILL provide for our needs. My prayer is that we will remain faithful as He leads.

Michelle

No comments: