Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Trip to England!!!!

I have arrived home from England. Wow! What a trip. Last week was incredible. I met a lot of people in a short period of time and I actually remember all of their names! They have become like family to me in such a short time. Let me explain. They were very welcoming, giving and loving. Most lunches and every evening someone took me in to feed me. It was great fellowship and food :-) If I needed anything or had questions they were more than willing to help or answer my questions. I also had a chance to put the skills the Lord has given me to use. I fixed the boiler to the main house and tried to fix a light, but didn't have the right tools! It was wonderful to experience life with a group of people who understand that everything they have (time, money, possessions etc) comes from God and belongs to God. Although they didn't know me well, they loved me as a brother in Christ. I look forward to returning with my family in the summer.

As Michelle posted last week I was having trouble in England and I want to tell you why. I have lived in the Saint Louis area all my life. I have never left to live anywhere not even for college and now God is calling me to leave and go someplace new - new friends, a new church, a new home, a new country and a new culture. It is still so hard to leave those I love and all I have known, but I know this is where God is calling. The Lord has given me a peace that does pass all understanding and I am ready to go.

We still have lots of things to accomplish here before we can leave for Rothwell, England. First we leave for Fort Washington, PA on February 8th. We return from orientation in the middle of May and will have several things to do before we leave for England, like finish rehabbing the house we are currently living in, selling our furniture and packing up our belongings. One thing we would really appreciate your prayers for is the sale of our house. We pray that the Lord would bring this about quickly.

Check out my pictures in the left column.


Gary

1 comment:

Monica said...

Thanks for coming by my recipe blog. I just started it this week, so there are many more recipes to come.

I'm interested to read more about what your family is doing and the story of your upcoming move to England. I'm intrigued, so I'll be back later for more:)