Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Northcutts on the loose in Philidelphia!!

 Today we decided to get away from Camp Hill for a while and do something fun as a family. It is on days like today that I realize how much I actually miss the city of St Louis. This is why - there is nothing to do here that is free!! After searching long and hard I found something that would work, so we ventured south into Philidelphia for the afternoon and visited the art museum.   Normally this costs $14 to enter, but on Sundays you can literally pay what you like, so Gary and I paid $1 each and there was no charge for the kids. It was a really interesting drive there, through some 'interesting' neighborhoods. Once we arrived the challenge was parking, apparently everyone had the same idea as us. Now I admit once we were inside there wasn't a lot to interest the kids, but they did enjoy seeing the armory exhibits. I think the most fun I had in the museum was watching the terrified look the employees had on their faces when they saw 6  children coming near their precious, priceless exhibits!!! My fears weren't inside the building, but outside as we tried to cross the street to get a look at the George Washington statue. As most of you know our kids are not used to crossing streets, especially busy ones in the middle of the city where drivers seem to have very little patience!  

Thankfully, they were all kept safe and we had a great time exploring somewhere new. Oh, and we did resist the urge (or maybe we were just too lazy) to run up the steps like Rocky!!

No comments: