Friday, March 28, 2008

Two Weak Women and Amazing Grace

On Monday I was looking for one of the books that we have to read and couldn't find it so I just browsed through the bookshelves, not really wanting anything extra to read, but this book just caught my eye. The title intrigued me so I thought I would see if the contents were as captivating as the title. I wasn't disappointed, it was an excellent, yet easy read.

It is the true account of two women who, as the title suggests, are weak in their bodies, but who God used mightily.

God called them to work together to purchase, renovate and run a retreat center on 55acres. This may not seem too much of a challenge until you understand that the women weren't in good health (one even had a heart defect), they didn't know how to run a retreat center or have any money to purchase it. But God called them to do this and He was faithful.

It was a riveting story of how God directed their steps and worked out his purpose in their lives. If you want to read about miracles and God's involvement even in the small details then you would probably enjoy this book. It is out of print now, but is still available at Amazon.com.

Even though it wasn't on my book list I am so glad I read it.

Michelle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle,

My daughter wants to design you a blog template for free. She's quite good at it. Here is her blog design site (which she designed) http://blogdesign21.blogspot.com

She does not want you to feel obligated to pay her, but instead wants to do this as a gift and ministry for you and your family.