Monday, March 10, 2008

More of God's Provision

What a week! We have been so spoilt. It started last Tuesday when we received a box from some friends in St Louis. It had gifts in it for each of the kids along with tea bags and CHOCOLATE!! This was such a special surprise. The kids loved it and so did I - especially as I was having a craving for chocolate that morning! (I forgot to take a picture of those gifts until after the kids have moved them all over the apartment and the chocolates have long since disappeared). Thank you.

 

Then, just a few days later we received the above in a box from a different friend in the St Louis area. As you can imagine the Rice Krispy treats didn't even make it to the end of the day, without being devoured. The kool aid was a special treat for the kids too. Thank you.

Just after this I was able to get the great cereal deal (see post below).

 

Now let me tell you about a regular way the Lord provides for all of us here at WEC. Every Monday, Thursday and Saturday we are given the day old, discontinued or damaged goods from Whole Foods. This always includes bread and quite often includes organic fruits, cereals and snacks. Last week we even found a 16oz bottle of moisturizer which was great as I had just about ran out of the moisturizer the kids use. Above is a picture of what I was able to pick up for our family today. We are eating great wholesome food at no cost. God does provide .... abundantly!

Michelle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rice Krispy Treats last about an hour in my house. I think this is great Michelle. I'm so glad the Lord is blessing you. Are you all back home now? How's the house selling going?

Oh, and Erin asked on our way home from the last Home School meeting, can we go visit them when they move to England? She wants to go to England so badly. :)